MTB Skills Taupo t/a Bike Craft is a coaching service for Adults and Youth focusing on skill development to give riders more confidence on mountain bike trails and in events, and as a result enhance riders MTB experience.
Don’t simply RIDE IT AND ENJOY IT…MASTER IT AND LOVE IT!!
Services we provide include:
- Tailored skills coaching in one-on-one and group settings for beginner and intermediate level riders – Adults/Youth/Women only/E-Bikes
- Regular targeted skill building sessions offered throughout the year
- An After-School Programme for Youth aged 6 – 17 years
- A School Holiday Programme for Youth aged 6 - 17 years
- Individual Coaching: Fitness and Skills; Tailored Event Preparation (MTB Events or Adventure Races with an MTB discipline)
- Team Coaching: Fitness and Skills; Tailored Event Preparation
- Introduction to cross country (XC) mountain bike racing for all ages
- Organised trips for our Youth to MTB Parks in the North Island to give them experience on different trails and terrain
- A guiding service in Craters Mountain Bike Park for solo adventurers, groups and families visiting Taupo
AdventureMark Safety Audit Certified Operator - New Zealand Safety Audit Standard for Adventure Activities 2017
The cornerstones of mountain biking confidently and in control include body position and balance, cornering technique, braking technique, trail scanning, riding uphill efficiently and downhill in control. Get these right and you are well on the way to MASTERING mountain biking and LOVING IT!
So why not progress from RIDING IT and ENJOYING IT…to MASTERING IT and LOVING IT!
You may be a SEASONED RIDER but have hit a plateau in your riding ability, or never really learnt how to master the art of cornering, or when and how to brake, or how to ride uphill efficiently or downhill with confidence, or simply how to stay in control on your bike.
The world of mountain biking is evolving rapidly. E-BIKES are now a thing that only a few years ago didn’t exist!! Have you have invested in an E-bike recently to explore the many wilderness trails and enjoy the beautiful scenery our country has to offer, but it is a while since you have ridden bikes so need a refresher? Or maybe you want to keep up with the grandchildren? Let me help you gain more confidence and skill on your bike.
NEW TO MOUNTAIN BIKING - Perhaps you haven’t ventured on mountain bike trails before and want to progress from riding along the pathways, then all you need is a little bit of confidence and a few handy tips on how to handle your mountain bike and you’ll be away laughing.
Or maybe you are an UP AND COMING YOUNG RIDER and this is the sport of your choice. Get your foundation skills nailed and the sky is the limit.
ADVENTURE RACING is an emerging event style which includes a mountain biking section – these events are drawing in women in droves like never before – they are awesome fun but can be even more fun when you are confident and in control of your mountain bike.
GUIDING IN CRATERS MTB PARK - If you are visiting Taupo and just want to ride and not think about planning where to go, then let us take the stress out of your ride and guide you around the park to the best spots. Special rates for families. Email your wish-list to: email@example.com